FAQ’s About Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Raleigh, NC Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctor, Jennifer Yap, D.O. at Biofunctional Med uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to help men and women overcome the effects of aging and hormonal decline for patients in the Raleigh and Holly Springs area. Throughout the course of her practice, Dr. Yap has helped countless patients to live healthier, fuller lives by helping them to regain hormonal balance.
The goal of hormone therapy should be to achieve a healthy balance. Experienced physicians can achieve a healthy balance of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone based of science rather than experimentation.
Dr. Yap is happy to answer any questions that patients may have about Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Below are some of the common questions that her patients have about Bioidentical Hormones.
- What symptoms can be alleviated with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Both men and women commonly report low sex drive, hot flashes and night sweats, weight gain, mood swings, and fatigue. Problems that affect men alone include loss of muscle tone, erectile dysfunction, low sperm counts, and loss of body hair. Women frequently complain of sexual dysfunction, painful intercourse, and worsening issues with premenstrual syndrome. This is just a small sample of the dozens of symptoms that either gender may experience as a result of imbalanced or low hormone levels.
- What age groups benefit most from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Women tend to experience problems with hormone imbalance when they start perimenopause, which happens several years before actual menopause. This could be anywhere from the mid 30s to the early 50s. Men’s bodies start producing less testosterone around the age of 30, but the effects are often not felt until around age 40. In either case, people who are at or near middle age usually benefit from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy treatments the most.
- What is the difference between Bioidentical Hormones and synthetic hormone options?
- Bioidentical hormones are an exact replication of the hormones naturally produced by the body in terms of cell and chemical structure. They are derived from plant extracts and manufactured by a compounding pharmacy to be of maximum benefit to the patient. Synthetic hormones, on the other hand, are altered and replaced with unnatural chemical ingredients. Medical studies conducted in Europe over the past decade indicate that Bioidentical Hormones are safer overall than synthetic ones.
- Can Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy help alleviate menopause symptoms?
- Yes. By the time a woman has completed menopause, her body stops producing estrogen altogether. Prior to that, the reduced production of estrogen can cause a wide range of symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, and weight gain. By replacing what the body has lost, balance is restored and the symptoms are greatly reduced or even eliminated.
Raleigh, NC Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Doctor
Jennifer Yap, D.O. at Biofunctional Med, serving the areas of Raleigh, Holly Springs, Knightdale and Garner, North Carolina, has used Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to help a vast number of patients in Wake County, NC to reduce the physical and mental signs of aging and hormonal decline. Her customized programs are suited to meet unique needs and have helped countless women and men to regain their quality of life.